Current infrared imaging sensors are expensive III-V materials
Monolithic integrated laser on Si needed for high speed photonic communications to replace slower, copper based connections.
Novel CVD growth techniques to increase Sn in
Previously unrealized compositions of SiGeSn will be grown and characterized
- CVD growth plans altering pressure, temperature, growth time and other parameters to achieve quality samples
- Confirmation of material content and quality via ellipsometry, PL, TEM imaging, etc.
- Currently in the process of recovering growth capabilities of CVD
- Known achieved compositions are recorded
- Growth plans to achieve further compositions are in progress
Current obstacles to CVD growth of SiGeSn are to be addressed
Continue developing and altering growth plans to achieve SiGeSn Growth
Characterize new samples of various compositions as they are grown
Fabricate detectors on highest quality materials